DMW MediaWorks tackles the media operations projects that are critical to your company’s success
We are media operations specialists and have completed dozens of projects that have enabled our clients to deliver sustainable revenue.
For established companies, we bring the unique perspective of understanding the entire landscape of media operations workflow and applications. This includes expertise on both the publisher and agency sides of the media business. We assess current media operations, make recommendations for improvement, and implement them.
“Doug’s expertise has contributed significantly to the success of our projects”
—Nick Johnson, Sales Leadership at NBC, Turner, McClatchy
For start-ups or companies that are bringing media operations in-house for the first time, we evaluate, recommend and implement the applications, workflow and staffing that will support your media operations activities and provide your company with a firm foundation on which to build a growing business.
Viacom • Spotify • Barnes & Noble • WebMD • NASCAR • Fox Networks • LinkedIn • CondeNast • New York Times • ESPN • PGA Tour • Hearst Digital • Petsmart • American Media • Hanley Wood • NEJM
DMW MediaWorks’ Approach
A hands-on approach to gaining insight on media operations
DMW MediaWorks operates at both the strategic and tactical level. We frequently work “in the trenches” in order to better understand your business. Examples include:
- Analysis and deployment of new media applications including ad servers, site analytics applications, and contract management systems.
- Engaging in analysis and improvement of inventory and revenue reporting, providing the insight your business needs to become more efficient and profitable.
- Improving workflow and process within media operations departments, providing intelligence on industry “best practices” and documentation of order management from “quote to cash.”
We are “Resultants” — defining projects, executing on specific objectives and supplying deliverables. Our method of engagement is to:
- Clearly define the project, the deliverables, and the timeline.
- Provide tangible deliverables which lead to the implementation and completion of projects, and the improvement of your business.
Data Migration and Management
In addition to acting as project managers in the deployment of ad servers, order management systems, audience platforms and all peripheral system, we are experts in the management and migration of digital data.
“When there is a crucial project to execute, we have never hesitated to reach out to DMW.”
—Sean Mario, SVP, Digital Revenue, Operations, and Business Development at WebMD
Because change is constant, it is not uncommon that publishers and agencies need to embark on projects to upgrade the applications that support media operations, or to change them.
One of the implications of this change is the need to migrate data from the legacy source, to the new “ad stack.” For some companies, this presents a daunting challenge: how to re-traffic orders, line items, targeting criteria and creatives without disrupting day to day business and bringing it to a grinding halt.
DMW MediaWorks has extensive experience in automating the migration process. This includes the following specific use cases:
- Mapping and migrating 50,000 line items from legacy system, to new order management/ad serving system
- Translating complex Boolean targeting criteria and automating the mapping of those targeting values into the ad server
- Migrating 16,000 creatives, including both physical assets AND third party ad code and templates.
- Provide QA reports to validate that data migrated from one system to another is completed without error.
Our development staff applies experience honed over nearly 2 decades of managing digital media.
Hosting data and report generation
Whether the need is to create bespoke billing reports so invoices can be created, provide daily reporting and audits for financial compliance, or create integration software so data can move freely from one system to another — DMW MediaWorks has fulfilled and exceeded the expectations of clients like Spotify, ESPN, Tribune Publishing, Viacom, WebMD, and others.